INDIGENOUS COURT WORKER PROGRAM (Adult/Youth)
The Indigenous Court Worker Program is designed to aid Indigenous people appearing before the court. Under this program we will:
- Ensure clients understand their rights, responsibilities, and obligations within the Judicial system
- Advocate for clients in court regarding adjournment, plea bargaining, & sentencing
- Referrals to Diversion programs
- Negotiate with the Crown to facilitate resolution of judicial matters
- Assist clients in a culturally appropriate, non-stigmatized, & confidential manner
The Reintegration program works with Corrections Services Canada to promote awareness of Section 84 release for First Nations members wanting to return to their home communities on parole. Working closely with CSC staff and the Blood Tribe community to develop a reintegration plan though treatment, counseling and traditional Blackfoot Culture.
The Provincial Reintegration works with Kainai Community Corrections and Transition Support Staff for the development and administration of the reintegration of clients from Correctional Centers. Working in collaboration with Correctional Center personnel, Kainai Community Corrections personnel, Blood Tribe Police, social services, Blood Tribe Health Department and other professional and support agencies, to help clients successfully reintegrate back into the communities.